Monday, September 8, 2008

Man Work

I've spent the last week at my parents' house helping my dad put a new roof on their guest house. I could never be a roofer, the entire process is too labor intensive for me. Yesterday we used flat shovels to tear off the old, moss-covered, cedar shingles. This, of course, caused many blisters to grow on my fingers and also covered me in a nice coat of dust. My complection turned several shades darker, proving, once again, that spay-on tans are a waste of money (rubbing dirt on your skin is free and is all nat-URAL). I have a new respect for roofers -- they're not just high school drop-outs, they are HARD WORKING high school drop-outs.

ALSO! I just realized that tear (as in the water that trickles down your cheeks when you're sad) and tear (as in a pulling apart action) use the same spelling. AH, way to go Russell.

**The picture doesn't accurately capture the blisters. Just take my word for it**

2 comments:

hahamysocks said...

those labor intense workers have my respect for sure.
man russell, you look tan!
and ouch! your blisters looks painful =x

Ryn said...

Just think of how sexy you will look after summer break is over. Minus the dirt and the blisters. Oh well you can't have it all. Where is the pic of your newly toned butt?