Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Weekend Love

I should be writing an analysis on the Middle English play called The Second Shepherds' Pageant, but I'm not in the mood to think critically. Today hasn't been a good day. It's been the opposite of a good day and I just need a few moments to clear my head. Alas, my first blog post.

This last weekend was insanely fun. Friday night Lupe unexpectedly barged into my apartment and kidnaped me away from my homework. We jumped into her car and raced down to the park to photograph the setting sun. I was pretty satisfied with the images I captured, yet, I'd have to admit that the views from the park made it impossible to take a bad shot. I love spending evenings at the beach. It reminds me of the old days when every night was a campfire on the beach with hot dogs, s'mores, and skinny dipping. Sometimes I miss living on an island.

Saturday afternoon was spent constructing Yayoi's new dresser. Anyone who has ever attempted to assemble furniture knows the frustration Aaron and I felt as we tried to understand the misleading instructions. We were a few short steps away from completion when we realized the instruction manuel had FAILED to indicated how to install the back panels. Unfortuently we had to undo the entire dresser to properly install these panels. This caused Aaron and I to say a few choice words, but we both became happy again when Yayoi promised to buy us a drink at our favorite bar.

The bar was crowded and we ended up waiting 45 minutes for a table; however, the night looked up when Yayoi offered to buy us dinner along with our drinks. The food was delicious, the company was spot on, and we all had too much alcohol. If I learned anything from this experience it was to: always help Yayoi assemble her furniture. After dinner we staggered down the street and bought ice cream. I think the ice cream shop is cursed because every time I go there something unusual happens. This time a teenage girl attempted to steal the glass tip jar. Of course this caused a huge ruckus (the other customers fought the jar away from her and held her down until the cops came) and made us anxious to go home. The rest of the night was spent at Yayoi and Aaron's house dancing, writing, and acting completely foolish.


The next morning I received a phone call from Ali who invited me over to see her new apartment. Ali can't stand being away from me, her new apartment (conveniently) is within walking distance from my studio. Somehow, maybe with the help of the bargain gods, Ali is always able to find insane deals on merchandise. Her entire apartment is furnished with a large variety of sale items. And, what's even more outstanding, all of these items match and are of high quality. Her apartment may be fancy, but I sort of like my second hand furniture (thank Buddha my apartment's bug problem has been taken care of). The picture to the left is Ali sitting on her new stool that ironically enough is called an Alison Stool. I'm happy she's living nearby, it allows me to stalk her without wasting gas.

After checking out Ali's new digs - I'd have to say she has an incredible apartment - we went to McDonald's for lunch. I don't normally eat at Mickey D's, but I enjoyed my burger and french fries. I love the taste of grease and hormones in the afternoon.

The rest of my weekend was forgettable. The pictures are proof that I'm getting uglier in my old age (maybe it's the facial hair?). I think that Yayoi and I need to continue our workouts with Billy Blank. Apparently "Billy can change your body in just seven days". Yeah, seven days of Hell, his workouts are extreme. Billy always leaves me feeling sore and used. Is that normal?

4 comments:

Ryn said...

Sounds like a great weekend. So where were you when the robbery went down? I am guessing you weren't the one holding her down. Crazy stuff. What kind of ice cream did you get?

Mr. Gay said...

Mallards is a pretty big place and they have tons of sofas and tables set up. Yayoi and I were sitting off to the side of the restaurant waiting for Aaron to come out of the bathroom when we heard screaming. This young girl, she couldn't of been more than 15, was running out of the shop holding a glass gar in her hands and the staff was running after her yelling "stop her, stop her!" Of course some random costumer grabs her and the gar shatters and breaks all over the floor. At this point the girl is frantic and is punching the multiple people trying to hold her down while at the same time she's screaming" "I was just buying!"

A few minutes later the girl breaks free from the people restraining her, but at the same time the police show up, push her against a van, and arrest her.

It was dramatic.

Mr. Gay said...

Oh, and I didn't buy any ice cream, but I tasted Yayoi's coffee flavored ice cream. Yum!

Bookgirl said...

lol- i love it! you can stalk me anytime! ;)